Last updated: April 2020
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect and hold personal information that relates to our consumers, business customers, and job applicants.
That personal information may include:
- Contact Information: Your name, delivery or postal address, billing address, email, date of birth, telephone numbers, facsimile, and/or other contact information, such as social media account ID;
- Member Account Information: Your username, password, and account preferences and activities;
- Purchase and Order Information: Any communications we have about orders, purchases, or comments and/or queries submitted to our website;
- Marketing Information: Information for marketing purposes and loyalty programs, such as contact information listed above and information about your preferences for goods or services that we offer;
- Information from Third Parties: Information from publicly available sources or third parties, such as when we partner with other companies or use service providers to help us optimize our marketing activities;
- Usage and Device Information: information collected when you use our website, such as a device identifier, browser/operating system, referring URL or advertisement, and other information collected when navigating our website;
- Business Customer Information: For business customers, information about your business, such as business name, telephone number, delivery or postal address, billing address, and driver’s license numbers for business customers that are sole traders or partnerships; and
- Employee and Applicant Information: For job applicants, information about your qualifications, skills, experience, character and screening checks (including health, criminal records, reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability checks), but only where we have obtained your consent or are otherwise permitted by law.
When you make a purchase through our website, Vittoria uses a PCI DSS compliant third party to process, store, and transmit any credit or debit card data in compliance with PCI standards. We do not directly collect or hold your payment card information.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect personal information when you:
- Complete a web form inquiry or otherwise interact with any websites operated by Vittoria (our Website(s));
- Email one of Vittoria’s email addresses;
- Telephone us;
- When you interact with us via third-party social networking sites like Facebook or Instagram (our Social Media Pages);
- Purchase from, or become a registered member of our Websites;
- Enter into a consumer promotion or competition we run, including but not limited to hardcopy forms and text messaging programs;
- Call our third-party customer service to make a warranty claim for one of our products or a third-party product;
- Interact with any consumer-directed mobile sites or applications operated by us, including our smartphone apps (our Apps);
- Opt-in to receive further marketing communication and/or register for a loyalty program;
- For job applicants, email us a resume, in response to an advertisement, including through our careers portal at www.vittoriacoffee.com/careers; and
- For business customers, complete an application to open an account to receive credit or purchase by cash-on-delivery where you are a business customer.
Although we primarily collect personal information directly from individuals, we may obtain personal information about you from other sources such as social media platforms, third party data aggregators engaged to provide us with additional information about our existing consumers, or from third parties with whom we may occasionally partner with to run promotions. We may also receive information about individuals when we consider business customer credit applications. Please see our Credit Information Policy which is available on request. You can submit your request to email@example.com.
In respect of job applicants, we will use third-party providers to perform any relevant screening and background checks that we are permitted to perform.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE, AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect, use and disclose personal information (including disclosing to our related bodies corporate or agents) to:
- respond to any queries or complaints you make with us;
- contact you directly about our brands, products, special offers, promotions and competitions;
- confirm your identity;
- consider your request for a product or services;
- enable us to provide you with products or services;
- approve transactions you wish to make;
- assess a job application you submit to us, including conducting screening checks and considering you for other positions;
- maintain and update our records; and
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
Where you have opted-into receiving marketing communications about us or have registered to become part of a loyalty program, we will collect and use your personal information to keep you up to date with the latest news, events, special offers and promotions of our brands via both general marketing communications (i.e. emails, SMS messages and post) and targeted advertising (i.e. - communications on other websites where you are a member, like Facebook, by matching activities/information collected on our Websites with those of third party sites). This information may be stored in our customer relations management software (“CRM”).
COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
As mentioned above, we may periodically send you communications or otherwise contact you about our products, promotions, or upcoming events. You can always opt-out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each communication or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 213 226 6912.
You may also opt-out of targeted advertising by following the options on those other websites where you are a member. Please be aware that even if you opt-out from receiving our general marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from us (such as order confirmations, notifications about your account activities, etc.). You will also still see generic ads on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member. Certain web browsers allow users to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services by enabling the Do Not Track (“DNT”) privacy preference.
In certain jurisdictions you have the right to request access and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, even if you are not a registered user, to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, or to have the information deleted. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
SECURITY MEASURES, RETENTION, AND DELETION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is held securely. We have implemented physical, electronic and managerial security procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
We store your personal information in hardcopy document or electronic form, and we protect your personal information through physical security (including locks and security systems at our office premises) and computer and network security (including use of firewalls, identification codes, access controls and passwords). Our Websites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, in relation to any purchases and payments made via the Websites. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it difficult for this information to be intercepted. Please note, however, no method of transmission over the internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to, through, or on our Websites or via the internet.
In using our Websites, where relevant, you can assist in protecting your privacy by ensuring that you always keep your passwords confidential, and by letting us know if your account has been compromised.
We will retain your personal information so long as we have an ongoing business or legal need to do so. When we no longer have a legitimate business or legal need to retain your personal information we will delete or anonymize your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We may exchange your personal information with:
- Our related corporate bodies, including Cantarella Bros Pty Ltd and Vittoria Food & Beverage Pty Limited;
- Our service providers that assist us with fulfillment, delivery, archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, debt collection, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, research, investigation, marketing, insurance, website or technology services;
- Social networking sites that enable you to “like” or “share” content; and
- Third-party data storage providers, who also employ a range of security measures to protect your personal information.
We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with actual or potential misconduct, unlawful activity and acquisitions of our business. If we provide links to other websites for convenience, please note that we are not responsible for the content of these websites or your use of them. We encourage you to review the relevant policies and procedures of any linked websites you may visit. Vittoria does not sell your personal information.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you view and/or interact with our Websites, Apps and Social Media Pages (collectively, the Sites), We may store certain information on your computer. This information may be in the form of a small text file called a "cookie" and can help us improve your experience with the Sites. Cookies will be used to help us understand which parts of the Sites are most popular, where our visitors are going and how much time they spend there. The cookies we use are read only by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. In most cases, your computer can erase, block or warn against cookies. You should consult your browser instruction manual to learn more about these functions. You may elect to have your browser not accept cookies, however, this may disable or render unusable some of the features of the Websites or other Sites. We are not responsible for any third party uses of cookies.
We may use Google Analytics to monitor activity and performance of the Sites. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
To opt out of: (i) Google Analytics install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on and (ii) Google’s ad serving. In addition to Google, we may use a variety of other service providers to perform advertising services. Some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit The Network Advertising Initiative for Consumer Opt Out, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program.
Please note that these third-party advertising companies may still collect information from you and opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to be served generic ads while online or on your device.
Our Site is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us by using the contact information in the “For More Information” section, below, and we will take steps to delete such personal information from our systems.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Vittoria Food & Beverage Legal Department
ph: (02) 9748 0299
PO BOX 6565
Silverwater, NSW, 1811
You can request that we update/correct the personal information we have on record about you by writing, telephoning, or emailing us using the above contact information. Please be aware, that upon making your request to us, we will need to verify your identity.
Where you request for us to correct personal information that you believe is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information once we are satisfied that that information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading. If we refuse your request, we will write to you and explain why we have refused, and tell you what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
To the extent that we have failed to properly address your questions or concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you reside and/or the United States. You may contact the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY